One of the most challenging and daunting tasks is, losing the fat around the body’s midsection. Almost all, who have increased waistline, would be interested to know how to lose weight quickly in this area or would like to opt for an effective weight loss diet.
It has been often noticed that the central part of the body is the last part to slim down, even though an individual may resort to rigorous workouts and a strict diet, which are considered effective ways to lose weight.
However, there are numerous methods that an individual can use to tone the abdomen, burn belly fat, and get a flat tummy. Suppose you are looking towards how to lose weight and get a flat stomach. Try some of these best way to lose weight methods.
List of Steps to Take to Burn Belly Fat And Get a Flat Tummy
1. Include Foods That Burn Belly Fat
If you want to lose belly fat naturally, try the below healthy foods. These foods will not only help reduce fat in your body but also help you get a flat belly.
- Caloric Deficit: Have calories that are less than your body burns to lose weight.
- Eat Whole Foods: Give priority to whole, unprocessed foods. Eat fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- Limit Sugars and Refined Carbs: Avoid sodas, candies, pastries, and above all white bread. Remember that brown bread also contains about 40% of refined wheat flour, which might not be good for your health. Whole grain-rich diets play a vital role in body weight regulation.(Source)
- Increase Protein Intake: Have more lean meats, fish, eggs, legumes, and dairy in your diet.
- Limit Alcohol: Alcohol is bad for your belly in elevated amounts and can lead to abdominal obesity. (Source)
- Fiber-Rich Foods: Include soluble fiber in your diet like flax seeds, avocados, legumes, and blackberries.
Approximate breakdown for each 100g serving of the below mentioned foods. It’s always recommended to consult a nutritionist or dietitian for nutritional advice.
|Food||Calories (approx)||Fiber (g, approx)|
|Leafy Greens (Spinach)||23||2.2|
|Citrus Fruit (Oranges)||43||2.4|
The hotter, the better. It boosts metabolism and helps you lose excess weight. You can include hot peppers such as jalapenos, chilli, ghost peppers, and Carolina Reaper.
Nature’s gift to humankind, they offer the perfect balance of protein and carbs. Thus, when you start eating them, you feel fuller for extended periods. Some good choices include black beans, lentils, kidneys, cannellini, and garbanzo.
Eggs are high in lean protein. They help you check on your craving. Hence you will be eating less and can lose your belly fat faster.
The above fruits are rich in Vitamin C. They help boost metabolism. Thus, you will be able to shed your belly fast faster. Some good choices include Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, and raspberries.
5) Leafy Greens
When you consume leafy Greens, it increases your metabolic rate and makes you feel satisfied for longer. But that’s not all; it also helps turn off your hunger receptors. They are perfect weight loss food, low in calories and fibre. The Healthiest Green leaf you should try is Spinach, Swiss chard, Mustard Greens, iceberg lettuce, Green onions, Boston Lettuce, Romaine lettuce, Arugula, Mustard Greens, Collard Greens, Kale, and Arugula.
Coconut milk or coconut water is the healthiest alternative to fat. Please include them in your morning smoothie; your body will release unwanted fat.
7) Citrus Fruit
It is another major metabolism booster. It is rich in vitamin C and easy to include in your diet. Whenever you crave sour candy, you can squeeze lime, lemon, or orange or combine all three fruits into your water and sip all day.
The above food is naturally nutrient-dense. It is fantastic food and full of fibre. For best results, try having half avocado each day. When you eat them, your body releases fat, thus helping you have a flat tummy.
9) Nuts and Seeds
You feel fuller when you eat the nuts and seeds. It is a healthy protein that can not only help you increase weight but also help you increase your metabolism. Here are six weight-loss nuts and seeds, Chia seeds, cashews, pistachio, hemp seeds, walnuts, and almonds.
2. Exercise: Move More
If you are aspiring for weight loss, diet is more important than exercise, but if you aim for belly fat weight loss, exercise is more important.
Another best way to lose weight is to add extra movement throughout the day, especially if you spend most of the day sitting at work or school. Below are some of the best ways –
- Cardio: Make it a routine to do 150 minutes of moderate-intensity in a week. You can also go for 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic activity if you are short of time.
- Strength Training: Workout two times a week. Work on major muscle groups. Strength training increases resting metabolic rate. (Source)
- Core Strengthening: Exercises like planks, bicycle crunches, etc. helps to tone the abdominal muscles.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training is an effective in fat burning. It helps in cardiopulmonary fitness. (Source)
Other Activities you might want to consider –
- Taking the stairs
- Try using alternate sitting and Standing desk
- Stand-up meetings
- Walking or biking to work
- Taking a short walk during breaks
- Using a standing desk
- Parking farther away from the door
3. Drink Water
Water can help you get a flat stomach in three ways.
- First, it increases metabolic rate and helps you lose weight temporarily.
- Second, when you drink water before meals, you will feel fuller and eat fewer calories.
- Third, it can help relieve constipation and reduce belly bloating.
All those who desire a flat tummy should drink a large glass of water before having meals each time.
4. Manage and Reduce Your Stress
Most individuals experience stress and anxiety at some point or another. Hence it is one of the significant reasons why individuals often eat even though they may not be hungry.
When stressed, the body starts producing cortisol, a stress hormone. It leads to an increase in appetite and results in belly fat storage.
It is very harmful to women with a large waist. The reason is that they produce more cortisol in response to stress, which adds other belly fat.
It would be best to add a few stress-relieving activities to one’s daily routine, like yoga or meditation. Below is the list of all the stress reducing activities you can take up today –
- Deep breathing exercises
- Tai Chi
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Listening to music
- Walking or running
- Spending time in nature
- Reading a book
- Creative activities (painting, drawing, coloring, etc.)
- Spending time with pets
- Taking a warm bath
- Cooking or baking
- Watching a favorite movie or tv show (No news please)
- Practicing mindfulness
- Socializing with friends or family
5. Quit Smoking
Heavy smoking can help you reduce your weight but may lead to a flatter stomach. Many who tend to smoke fear that if they quit smoking, they will gain weight. But in reality, it has been observed those who smoke may have lower BMI but have pot bellies. So, if you wish to have a flat tummy quit smoking. Even though it is not easy, it is worth it. Below, you can find a few quit-smoking tips
- Find a reason which is strong enough to outweigh your urge to light up
- Opt for Nicotine Replacement surgery
- Get help from your loved ones
6. Better Sleep
If an individual has sufficient sleep, then they will be able to lose weight. Some studies have revealed that adults who sleep less than 5 hours and children who sleep less than 10 hours have an increased risk of weight gain. Women with short sleep duration have increased waist size compared to those with a good night’s sleep.
If you aim to have a flat stomach, change sleep duration, and move to healthier lengths from shorter lengths.
Below are some of the reasons why lack of sleep leads to weight gain –
- Ghrelin, that stimulates appetite, is higher, while leptin hormone that signals fullness, is lower in people who are sleep-deprived.
- Lack of sleep can affects the frontal lobe of brain and impairs decision-making. This leads to poor food choices and overeating.
- Sleep-deprived people consume more calories than those who get adequate sleep.
- Sleep deprivation leads to lower physical activity levels due to fatigue.
- Chronic sleep deprivation leads to insulin resistance, that leads to obesity and diabetes.
- Lack of sleep can increases cortisol levels, a stress hormone, which is linked to weight gain primarily for belly fat.
If you are on an endless quest for a flat belly and wish to have expert assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to assist you and help you achieve your quest and make you look Fabulous.
Burn Belly Fat & Flat Tummy FAQ
Are there specific foods that target belly fat?
No food burns belly fat directly. However, including foods high in fibre (fruits, vegetables, whole grains), lean protein (chicken, fish, tofu), and healthy fats (avocado, nuts, olive oil) can help. This food will make you feel fuller, manage your weight, and helps in getting a flatter tummy.
How vital is hydration in reducing belly fat?
Staying hydrated is very important for overall health and indirectly supports weight loss. Drinking enough water can help to regulate metabolism, control appetite, and also prevents one from overeating. All these contribute to reducing belly fat.
Is it necessary to avoid carbohydrates to lose belly fat?
It’s unnecessary to eliminate all carbohydrates to lose belly fat. One should consume more complex carbohydrates (whole grains, legumes) in moderation. These provide sustained energy and essential nutrients. Avoid refined carbs and sugary foods that will do more harm than good.
How does stress affect belly fat?
Stress contributes to increased belly fat as it results in the secretion of cortisol, a hormone associated with fat storage in the abdominal area. Therefore, engaging in activities that reduce stress, like meditation, exercise, or hobbies, can help manage stress levels.